Monday, September 29, 2008

Fishing

Today we went out the the 9th Ward for a sunrise shoot. I meet a couple of painters in the neighborhood who were working on new houses. Business is definitely up for them since the storm and reconstruction of houses.

The new houses are somewhat odd in their design. They stick out of the ground on their stilt like legs that overlook the open lots and gutted houses that surround them. It is a lot to take in. I am interested in continuing to photograph this progress and talk with the neighbors about the new houses and the status of houses still mostly untouched.

After this we headed down to the lake where I got a fishing lesson from Alberto, a New Orleans local since the 1970's. I did not manage dinner for our group, but I did lose some of Alberto's bait to the crabs. Hopefully he had better luck the rest of the day than I did.

No comments: