Beginning to think about stories for New Orleans, I have so far settled upon two Subjects, The church, and reconstruction.
1. The influence Catholicism has had on the traditions and culture of New Orleans.
2. How has the Church been an essential aid to the redevelopment of the city.
3. What is the current state of the Church and its congregations. What are parishes facing in terms of finances and decreases in parish sizes.
4. The Church's views of the changing of culture and celebration in New Orleans.
5. Habitat for Humanities role in rebuilding of houses.
6. The pride and accomplishment of families who have rebuilt and once again are living in there home parishes.
7. Businesses who have rebuilt and are trying to jump start their companies again.
8. Changes in architecture after Katrina.
9. The availability of resources for people in the process of rebuilding.
10. The changes in the lifestlyes of residents as a result of Katrina.
Join Us This Summer
6 years ago